Friday, July 9, 2010

Realization

-
-
-
I finally became aware of the difficult realization that love is not something very easy to have. It is, indeed, a very painful thing. And the pain it causes will definitely break your heart.

When I felt it for the first time, I tried, in vain, to convince myself that the painful throbbing in my heart was nothing but a product of my imagination. And that I was only exaggerating the situation and amplifying my problems.

As I look closer, and open my eyes wider, I realized that I was not imagining things. I realized that he was really beyond what my hands can manage to reach. That I was no one but an acquaintance to him. That I do not own a special place in his heart. That I only thought there was a long lasting spark, but in reality, there was none. Not a single faint streak.

I found it hard to absorb the truth. Why didn't I realized it sooner? Why did it happen just when I already moved my foot forward? Just when my heart decided that I will love him wholly and truthfully forever?

I can't move my foot back. I was somewhat frozen from where I stood. As I slowly grasp the truth, it felt odd. It was as if there was an invisible chain wrapped tightly around my heart, squeezing my heart to its death.
-
-
-

No comments:

Post a Comment